An internship at ASP is a terrific way to gain hands-on, individualized coaching experience and mentorship through the ASP philosophy.
The Accelerate Sports Performance Education Program requires a series of clinical experiences consisting of competencies and proficiencies through research, lab and facility settings. Skill evaluation will include practice in labs and demonstration of competencies in a coaching setting. A continually evolving competence is required to be involved in real-world coaching through the course of the internship.
Successful completion of the ASP Education Program has helped many interns in their pursuits of physical therapy, post graduate work, strength and conditioning, athletic training, coaching, and personal training goals.
By providing a comprehensive and well rounded approach, our interns come away with two significant benefits:
- The ability to recognize structural, functional, biomechanical and physiological trends, patterns, predispositions, etiology in applied sports science
- The ability to address such issues specific to each individual’s needs
ASP stresses the importance of an in-depth knowledge of anatomy, kinesiology, and performance physiology to properly structure programs and adapt as all exercise prescription requires.
- Fall: Sept. 1 – Dec. 23 (3 Positions) App. Deadline: 8/1
- Spring: Jan. 6 – May 31 (3 Positions) App. Deadline: 12/1
- Summer: June 1 – Aug. 30 (3 Positions) App. Deadline: 5/1